Did you know you can clean your house with things you already have in the cabinets? No need to buy expensive cleaning products. Save time, money and clean with less chemicals by using everyday products.
Here are some unusual ways to clean your home.
Use white bread to: Dust an oil painting. Gently dab a slice of white bread over the surface to pick up dirt and grime.
Use ketchup to: Remove tarnish from copper and brass cookware. Squeeze ketchup onto a cloth and rub it on pots and pans. They should go back to their coppery color in minutes. Rinse with warm water and dry with a towel.
Use oatmeal to: Scrub very dirty hands. Make a thick paste of oatmeal and water; rinse well
Use rice to: Clean the inside of a vase or a thin-necked bottle. Fill three quarters of the vessel with warm water and add a tablespoon of uncooked rice. Cup your hand over the opening, shake vigor-ously, and rinse.
Use club soda to: Shine up a scuffed stainless-steel sink. Buff with a cloth dampened with club soda, then wipe dry with another clean cloth.
Use hydrogen peroxide to: Disinfect a keyboard. Dip a cotton swab in hydrogen peroxide to get into those nooks and crannies.
Use cornstarch to: Clean grease spills on carpets. Pour cornstarch onto spots and let sit for 15 to 30 minutes before vacuuming.
Meticulously maintained Contemporary Ranch Style Home with a private gated entry set off the main road. This house has it all – hardwood, marble, ceramic and wall to wall flooring! Vaulted ceiling entry, open concept living room & dining room area, a private wing for the massive master suite with hardwood flooring, X-lrg walk in closet and a spa like spacious master bath, an enormous sun drenched great room that boasts a large marble fireplace, vaulted ceilings, built in window seats, french doors & an extra large slider overlooking the private back yard area w/pond views. Additional finished living area of 1,300 sq ft in the basement including a wet bar, wood burning stove, room w/closet and a half bath. Enjoy the serene views of the beautiful grounds from your 33 x 15 deck. Tons of storage in the unfinished basement area, a two car attached garage & a separate 2 car garage w/potential for additional room above. A MUST SEE! Private country setting yet 10 minutes to Route 95!
Peabody MA Listings
North Reading Ma Listings
Lynnfield Ma Listings
- Buying a Home
- Help Around the House
- Home Design
- Home Improvements
- Home Security
- Market Trends
- Money Saving Tips
- Moving Tips
- Pets and Your Home
- Real estate
- Real Estate For Sale
- Real Estate Marketing
- Selling Your Home
- Special Real Estate Situations
- To Your Health
- Homes Sold in Peabody September 15, 2014Plus, Boston firefighters battle a major fire and a man is charged with allegedly secretly filming women in a public restroom. The mother of slain Romeoville teenager Briana Valle recounted the last years of her life and the day she was shot. […]
- How to Post on Peabody Patch September 15, 2014Please go to http://contribute.patch.com and login to the site with your Patch account. If you've never logged in to the new Patch 3.0, you may need to enter your old password and then create a new one. […]
- Restaurant Week Starts Sunday in Peabody September 14, 2014Feeling adventurous, looking for a great deal, or just want to take advantage of your favorite restaurant's special deal this week? During the Restaurant Week event, various local restaurants from around the city of Peabody will be offer a variety of deals and specials. […]
- Homes Sold in Peabody September 15, 2014
- Report: 2 Shot at Danvers Motel September 11, 2014A suspect is in custody after two people were shot at the Knight's Inn in Danvers late Wednesday night. The Salem News reports that two men were shot, one in the thigh and the other in the knee, at the location. […]
- Free Parent/Child Playgroups for Fall August 28, 2014Coordinated Family & Community Engagement Program of Peabody, Danvers, Beverly, Topsfield, Middleton & Boxford have announced their schedule for the Fall session playgroups. […]
- DOL rule would expand FMLA coverage for same-sex couples August 26, 2014The following post was taken from "Employment Law Business Guide," which is hosted on the website of McLane, Graf, Raulerson & Middleton. […]
- Report: 2 Shot at Danvers Motel September 11, 2014
- Apple Festival on Saturday September 17, 2014The North Reading Historical and Antiquarian Society's Apple Festival is back at the Putnam House grounds, 27 Bow St. The event is from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 20. The annual fall event includes an apple pie contest, an art raffle, a silent art auction, artisans and crafters, town souvenirs, children's games, pony rides, food and drink […]
- Recent Homes Sold in North Reading September 16, 2014Most of U.S. children's sodium intake comes from popular foods like pizza, bread, cold cuts and chicken nuggets, a CDC report reveals. Mary Ann Manning died on September 8, 2014 after battling breast cancer. […]
- Police Log: Thief Smashes Car Window, Steals Items Off Passenger's Seat September 10, 2014At 11:54 a.m., police received a report of threats made toward a person at Woburn District Court. A North Reading man said he was leaving court after a civil matter. […]
- Apple Festival on Saturday September 17, 2014
- Alzheimer's more likely with Down syndrome September 18, 2014The percentage of people 65 and older who develop Alzheimer's disease is six times higher among those with the genetic disorder Down syndrome, according to data from the Alzheimer's Association. "Seventy-five percent of those over 65 who have Down syndrome show signs of Alzheimer's," said Susan Craven, clinical director of Day Servic […]
- Car fire forces closure of I-95 South in Lynnfield September 3, 2014A car fire forced the closure of several lanes on Interstate 95 South in Lynnfield this morning as crews worked to extinguish the blaze. […]
- Lynnfield Fire Department Recruit Graduates from State Firefighting Academy September 3, 2014Along with 21 other firefighters-in-training, Richard E. Ripley of Lynnfield Fire Department, graduated from the Massachusetts Firefighting Academy in Stow last Friday. […]
- Alzheimer's more likely with Down syndrome September 18, 2014